[Koha-devel] Error in biblio.pm

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue Mar 29 23:06:36 CEST 2011

I would appreciate some assistance with biblionumber and biblioitemnumber,
given that we can no longer enter new biblios.

Error code is : "Tag "" is not a valid tag. at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 2848"

That line (under the head : "Internal function to add or update
biblionumber and biblioitemnumber to
the MARC XML" is the first of these four:

         my $new_field = MARC::Field->new(
         $biblio_tag, '', '',
         "$biblio_subfield"     => $biblionumber,
         "$biblioitem_subfield" => $biblioitemnumber

What are the values that biblio.pm is expecting, and where exactly are they
input from GUI page
<http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/cataloguing/addbiblio.pl?biblionumber=0&z3950=1&frameworkcode=AB&breedingid=38301#>
?

It seems that the call is based upon biblionumber=0 [which is <10,
therefore creating the error according line 2847 : "# biblionumber &
biblioitemnumber are in the same field (can't be <10 as fields <10 have
only 1 value)"] and seeing as we are using a custom framework (cut down to
what we need for cataloguing staff purposes), I need to know what
particular line I have set to "ignore" that is creating the error. What
"Tag" have I left out?

Can't find anything in the docs on this "Internal function."

Thanks for any pointers,

Paul
tired old sys-admin.

---