[Koha-devel] Weekly stuff to sign off email

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Mon May 2 15:59:32 CEST 2011

Le 01/05/2011 23:07, Chris Cormack a écrit :
> Hi All
Hi Chris,
> Ian (the QA manager) and I thought for 3.6.x it might be an idea to
> send an email each week, highlighting some bugs we would love people
> to look at.
> This is not to say, you shouldn't try to sign off all of them :-) But
> I will attempt to highlight ones that are critical, major, or just
> cool.
That's what I intended to do with my weekly hacker's corner -which,
obviously is not really weekly :( -
Does it mean you think I should stop trying to send a "weekly" hacker's
corner mail ?

<snip>
I want to encourage specifically ppl to work on those two :
> Bug 5872 Enhancemens to circulation management
This one may seem very basic in its description :

"everything (issues, holds, fines) now at granular level"
but it's a huge stuff from BibLibre, and it's a great feature !

It means you can have all issuingrules related things at branch/itemtype/categorycode level
Ie : you can define how many issues (like previously) and holds and fines you have.
There is some inheritance, that look like what we had in 2.2, except that it is highly visible for the librarian.
If you want to know what it looks like head here: http://borrowers34.git.biblibre.com/cgi-bin/koha/admin/smart-rules.pl (login test/test)

you'll see that the default rule is 12 checkouts for 10 days, with 1 renewal for 5 days,...
The 2nd line says that for "Computer files" the 12 checkouts (inherited from the default, it's in grey) are for 21 days (in black: not inherited)

more = do a double click on a given value and you can modify it (save with <enter>) directly

You'll also notice the "suspension duration" column : in France, 99% of the libraries have fines in days.
You check-in 4 days late ? You can't checkout for 4 days !

I think it's too bad this patch hadn't been applied for 3.4, but if you want it for 3.6, you should sign-off it !
(
you can also note that, as it's a huge stuff, the sooner it's included, the better it is
= hdl spent 3 days during hackfest to have the branch working with HardCodedDuedates. And it's something we did almost 2 years ago !
)

> Bug 5905 Partial fine payments
This one is very interesting too (and from BibLibre too).

The description is in the rebased patch from Julian:

Bug 5905: lot of updates for borrower's fines

adding a primary key id on accountlines table and updating calls on specific entries on this table
adding a meansofpayment field on accountlines table and a MeansOfPayment syspref to define a list of means of payment.
adding management of means of payment for borrower's fines
adding management of part payments for borrower's fines
adding jquery.tablesorter and jquery.tablesorter.pager support for boraccount.pl and jquery.numeric support for the others borrower's fines pages
replacing in pay.pl the majority "$input->param( $names[ $i + a variable number ] )" occurrences with "$input->param( the beginning of inputname + id on accountlines ] )" for a better understanding of the code
adding javascript functions to disable negative numbers content on text's numeric's inputs, redefine values of Part payment's inputs where it's higher than the Amount Outstanding, manage readonly params for Part payment's inputs
adding time on boraccount's page

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN