[Koha-devel] Release Manager 3.6

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu May 12 14:51:49 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Bob Birchall <bob at calyx.net.au> wrote:

> How about this approach:
> - we designate a very small number of companies with the capacity and track
> record of major feature integration, as being authorised to short cut
> community QA before integrating major features (only);
>
> - minor features and bug fixes remain subject to the existing work flow;

Minor features and bug fixes are less likely to break something than
major features. It is precisely *because* some of the features pending
signoff are so large and broadly-scoped that it is difficult to
properly test them.

Part of becoming more "agile," if we must use that term, is to learn
to keep our contributions manageable and feature-specific.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries