[Koha-devel] Release Manager 3.6

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu May 12 21:13:17 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>wrote:

> Le 12/05/2011 17:26, Chris Nighswonger a écrit :

> > Perhaps if the issue is moving patches representing larger/more
> complicated
>  > features through QA, the submitter could provide references to
> > installations/clients currently running the feature(s). The QA manager
> could
> > then contact the supplied reference to verify QA and push the patch on up
> > the chain.
> mmm... That would be fun to see one of our -French speaking- library
> answering a mail in English ;-)
> I don't think it's a possible way to go.

Language will always be a "problem" with any international project. So this
really is a non-argument imho.

Providing a reference for QA on large feature sets would be valuable and
well worth the effort it would take to get over the translation hurtle. I'm
sure that just the time consumed in pursuing this very thread would have
been sufficient to have accomplished a confirmation of QA with a non-English
speaking reference including time taken to obtain an accurate translation. I
work in an environment every day of the year with folks from *multiple*
countries who are non-native English speakers (some only speak a very few
words of English) and this is by no means a show-stopper for our business.
Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No. So I respectfully disagree: This is a very
possible way to go.

Kind Regards,
Chris