[Koha-devel] Z3950 UNIMARC

LAURENT Henri-Damien laurenthdl at alinto.com
Fri May 13 18:47:06 CEST 2011

Le 13/05/2011 18:33, Fridolyn SOMERS a écrit :
> Hie,
>
> For the first time, I have enabled the SRU on Zebra server by editing
> koha-conf.xml :
>
>     <listen id="publicserver" >tcp:@:9999</listen>
>     <server id="publicserver"  listenref="publicserver">
>         <directory>/var/lib/zebradb/biblios</directory>
>         <config>/etc/koha/zebradb/zebra-biblios.cfg</config>
>         <cql2rpn>/etc/koha/zebradb/pqf.properties</cql2rpn>
>          <retrievalinfo>
>            <retrieval syntax="usmarc" name="F" />
>            <retrieval syntax="usmarc" name="B" />
>         </retrievalinfo>
>     </server>
>     <serverinfo id="publicserver">
>             <ccl2rpn>/etc/koha/zebradb/ccl.properties</ccl2rpn>
>             <user>xxxx</user>
>             <password>xxxx</password>
>     </serverinfo>
>

> I Koha administration, I added this Z3950 server.
>
> It works well but :
> I have installed everything in UNIMARC and SRU only works when :
> - I configure the server Z3950 with USMARC/MARC21.
> - I configure retrieval syntax="usmarc" instead of "unimarc"
>
> Does that mean that Zebra internal database is always in USMARC ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
Well, it means that internally, zebra thinks that data is always usmarc
and exposes data as such.
Consider that as a bug or not, that could be changed but would require
some deep changes both in Koha Code and zebra configuration. And require
reindexation.
I think that some users in France had it right on their configuration...
But I could mislead myself.

Hope that helps.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT