[Koha-devel] Release Manager 3.6

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri May 13 19:05:19 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Colin Campbell
<colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com> wrote:
> On 13/05/11 15:05, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
>
>> [1] We even stopped developing some features our librarians asked for
>> until we could understand and fit into the dev community and the
>> process itself. WE DON'T WANT TO FORK. Several times we had the
>> feeling we could have spent our money/time in a more feature-providing
>> way, but where confident that we could make our voice into the dev
>> community. Day suspension fines is a feature we proposed to develop
>> ourselves with some core-developer guidance but only got this answer:
>> "liblime has developed that, wait for them to merge their branch". We
>> are currently working with a small, harmless fork we can maintain
>> updated.

FTR: I'm in no way blaming LibLime in the example I provided. It
should be read as self-criticism, probably because we feared having to
fork (we cannot afford to do it, i'm the only dev maintaining all this
stuff here) and wanted to do it "the right way" (from our perspective
as a public university this means that if we invested some hours of
human labour they should be applied to make koha better for everyone,
specially spanish-speaking/latin-american users that, as Paul said,
have interests in features NZ and US libraries don't even think about
in their daily workflow ("who is interested in signing BZ6328 i just
submitted ?": me)).

I agree with the concepts you provided.

Regards
To+ (with a parenthesis nightmare)