[Koha-devel] patches with DB change, workflow

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Mon May 23 14:48:31 CEST 2011

Hi Paul,

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think there are some things unclear (at least for me ;-) ) about
> submitting bugs with DB changes.

<snip>

> * we spoke of using XXXX in updatedatabase.pl to have te RM pick the
> right number when needed.

Speaking from the prospective of Release Maintainer, this method works the
most consistent for me. I have very few times when a DB update patch using
the 3.NN.XXX format does not apply cleanly for me. This includes cases where
NN == some subversion other than the current maintenance version. So with
this, my workflow goes like this:

1. Apply patch/cherry pick.
2. Adjust rev number.
3. Commit rev number change.
4. Go on to the next patch.

On the rare occasion the original patch does not apply cleanly it takes all
of about one minute to fixup.

So my vote is to use this method unless there is a very compelling reason to
do otherwise.

Kind Regards,
Chris
Koha 3.2.x/3.4.x Release Manager