[Koha-devel] Proposal to Standardize Bug Number References in Commit Messages

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Nov 10 21:39:47 CET 2011

Hi all,

While we are proposing changes to workflow, etc. I would like to
propose that we standardize the manner in which we reference bug
numbers in our commit messages. Lately I have been working on scripts
to semi-automate the generation of release notes and having a standard
reference to bug numbers would greatly simplify munging through git
log and extracting them.

So I propose that we use the form: [BZX...X]

It will be pretty nigh impossible to obtain 100% compliance, so those
doing sign-off, QA, or the RM could to 'git commit --amend' to add it
in if it is missing or wrong.

What say ye?

Kind Regards,
Chris