[Koha-devel] Update database changes proposal [IMPORTANT]

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Nov 10 22:06:24 CET 2011

Ian Walls <ian.walls at bywatersolutions.com>
> I'd like to see the atomic update files continue to be perl, not SQL.  SQL
> is often sufficient to do an update, but not always, particular if we're
> swapping out one implementation of a feature for a more generic one.

Most things can be done with some combination of ALTER, UPDATE and
occasionally temporary tables. Has any update ever absolutely needed
perl?

At worst, could we allow and encourage .sql files alongside .pl please?

Thanks,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha