[Koha-devel] Proposal to Standardize Bug Number References in Commit Messages

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Sun Nov 13 02:36:55 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 1:04 PM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Mason James <mtj at kohaaloha.com>
>> i agree with Robin's suggested format
>>
>> 'Bug XXXX - ' is the format that Bugzilla seems to generate in various places
>> and its also a little easier to understand than 'BZXXXX'
>>
>> and congrats on the release-notes script Chris, its genius!
>
> I agree (on the congrats too).  Z looks too like two.  Bug XXXX please!

Ok, so it sounds like we're working toward a consensus of Bug XXXX.
I'd like to see us agree either to use some sort of markers (ie. [] or
some such) or to proceed and follow the bug notation with a single
whitespace. Presently we get things like colons, commas, and
occasional other chars immediately following the XXXX part of the bug
number.

Kind Regards,
Chris