[Koha-devel] bugzilla & email & bulkupdates

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Nov 17 18:03:35 CET 2011

Hello all (& Ian, more specifically)

Digging into bugzilla administration, I see that there is an option to
disable all mails: bugzilla > administration > Email > the 1st option is :
mail_delivery_method
    Defines how email is sent, or if it is sent at all.

        'Sendmail', 'SMTP' and 'Qmail' are all MTAs. You need to install
a third-party sendmail replacement if you want to use sendmail on Windows.
        'Test' is useful for debugging: all email is stored in
'data/mailer.testfile' instead of being sent.
        'none' will completely disable email. Bugzilla continues to act
as though it is sending mail, but nothing is sent or stored.

So, for bulk updates, we could set the parameter to "none", do the
change, and set it back to "Sendmail".
For example :
* I still want to clean version list (to have less than 20 very old
versions...)
* Ian, your idea of changing the workflow for patches could be achieved
without overwhelming mails.

I will do, during the week-end hopefully, a test on this feature,
disabling mails, moving all 2.2.9 patches to rel_2_2 and re-enabling emails

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com