[Koha-devel] ILS Perceptions survey (Marshall Breeding)

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Mon Nov 21 08:49:14 CET 2011

Le 19/11/2011 15:21, Ian Walls a écrit :
> Marshall,
>

> Ah, I think I may have misunderstood.  I was interested in keeping
> product and vendor separate, which it looks like you've done (but with
> ergonomic fix to assume the common 1-1 relationship at first
> selection).  The case of having multiple vendors or multiple products
> would introduce a much larger change in system complexity (going from 1
> to n always does), and I can't cite many examples where it'd be
> relevant.
+1
And I think it's very rare to have 2 vendors *at the same time* doing
training/migration with X, then, having Y for support is uncommon but
sometimes happend.
What happend more frequently is to have some task sub-contracted by X to
Y. For example, I know for sure we sub-contract sometimes development of
new features to catalyst, and I'm almost sure we are not the only ones ;-)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com