[Koha-devel] Update database changes proposal [IMPORTANT]

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Nov 25 23:37:42 CET 2011

Hello,

I just have submitted on bug 7167 3 patches that are working as
expected. You can also get a document with screenshots at
https://depot.biblibre.com/ppoulain/updatedb%20for%203.8.odt (can't
upload it on bugzilla, it's too large: 1.6MB, vs a 1.0MB limit)
(Note that the "testing patch" is here just for testing & validating)

I think this code handle all the cases (ppl running 3.6, ppl upgrading
to 3.8 when it's released, ppl running master), and is a major
improvement for everybody:
 * for developers, it will be easier to submit patches
 * for users, they'll keep track of what has been applied and what has
not. And get feedback if there is a problem

Please have a look, test, and, if you think it's OK, sign-off. I worked
hard on this in the last days.

Also notice that I won't push any patch with an updatedatabase that
should be in 3.8 until we've reached an agreement on this improvement
(and that's why I considered this as needing to be done urgently) I'll
push bugfixes that are for 3.6 without any problem, as the proposed new
system won't change anything for 3.6 related db updates.

Waiting for your feedback.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com