[Koha-devel] sending patches to koha-patches mailing list ?

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Oct 7 18:09:23 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,

The workflow we have atm is to send all patches to the koha-patches
mailing-list. New ones, as well as signed-off.
I think it's a good idea for new patches, that's a good source to see
what has been submitted, even if we also have other sources.

But for signed-off patches, I think it's useless time-consuming:
- the signoff is also in the bug itself, having it in the mailing list
add nothing. (we also have KohaGBSD that automatically tweets all status
changes, plus "signed-off" query on bugzilla)
- with git bz, we have a very fast and handy way to retrieve & send
patches to the bug, so who still uses patches from the mailing list ?
(note: if you don't use git bz, you should ! see
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Git_bz_configuration)

So I suggest to update our rule to request sending only new patches to
the mailing list.
Your opinion ?

--
Paul POULAIN