[Koha-devel] Koha Master Running on Win32 Platform

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Tue Oct 18 00:50:11 CEST 2011

Hi:
I would ARGUE the way of Embedded for Win32, is kind a VM on top of your system of choice, thus you can get the hardware support and the availability of such in a ROM or something like that, for instance, a Virtual box or so.
Then I would pursue the cloud, with the same platform but be based on the network services available, like Google, etc. for high-profile and added value of koha.
I think is worth to try to run koha but for the sake of comparison and proof of the concept good to see how this goes.

Thanks in advance

PS I don't know how perl goes with handy platform development, but C isn't still that portability true that you could port same basic core support onto any system, and MS porting is something hard, which I still can't see it isn't that hard as an Unix box, it could be worse. Anyway, if so, what is the next step for koha support perl6 and to the electric cloud, perhaps even rewriting while migrating? That's the way of easy of portability if I may say so.