[Koha-devel] sending patches to koha-patches mailing list ?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Oct 18 18:18:16 CEST 2011

Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>
> Le 10/10/2011 09:58, Chris Cormack a écrit :
> > First i'd like to add a -3 switch so that the apply will use a 3way
> > merge. At the moment if it fails you have to try that manually.
> If someone has the Python skill:
> edit git-bz, at line 1497, you'll see :
>             process = git.am(filename, _interactive=True )
> Changing it to :
>             process = git.am(filename, _interactive=True, 3=True )
> should do the trick (i've tested with i=true, and you get the git am -i
> (interactive) as expected)

Well, that will always run with -3, which isn't optional like
I think Chris was suggesting.  Is there a drawback with it?

Or it would, except for what you found:

> EXCEPT that python don't like the 3 (or any arg starting with a number),
> returning a nasty
> >   File "/home/paul/bin/git-bz", line 1497
> >     process = git.am(filename, _interactive=True, 3=True )
> > SyntaxError: keyword can't be an expression
[...]
> couldn't find the correct syntax. If someone has a suggestion...

If I've understood it right, the co-op's python guru suggests it might be
  process = git.am(filename, kwargs=**{'_interactive': True, '3': True})
but we suspect we should hack git_run to handle leading-number args nicer.

Hope that helps,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha