[Koha-devel] Koha uninstalled by Debian Linux "update"

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Fri Oct 21 15:54:13 CEST 2011

David,

The same way you installed it in the first place. Make sure you have the
debian.koha-community.org apt repository listed in /etc/apt/sources.list,
then run:
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install koha-common

Alternatively, you can do what I do, which is push your preferred
koha-common*.deb package out to your server, and then run:
> dpkg -i ${PKG_NAME}
(if you get an error from that, follow the instructions)

N.B.: using the k-c.org repo is to be VASTLY preferred if you aren't sure
why you'd use the alternative I pointed out (i.e. I offer the alternative
for completeness, not because you should follow those instructions).

Regards,
Jared

2011/10/21 Hartman, David W. - GBTS Library <David.W.Hartman at disney.com>

> How do we reinstall Koha?  We are having some difficulty adding it back. We
> have backed up the hard drive just in case so we do not lose the data… ***
> *
>
> ** **

Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/