[Koha-devel] Bugzilla changes/improvements

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Mon Oct 24 18:12:07 CEST 2011

> • The priority is used to set "patch sent". This is a problem as we
> completly lose Priority field usage.

I don't mind that we lose Priority. Priority is completely arbitrary:
a bug which is high priority for me might not be high priority for the
release manager. I ignore this setting altogether.

> I propose
> to enforce the use of the "ASSIGNED".

What do you mean by "enforce?" I reset the status to "ASSIGNED"
whenever I see a bug which seems to be so. There's not much we can do
besides point out the error.

 This question is connected to the
> question of the use of the default assignee i've asked a few weeks ago.

> • Components : I proposed to clean them a while ago. Now I have concrete
> & detailled propositions.

I really don't see any problem with having lots of components. In fact
I'd vote for more rather than fewer.

> • The "hardware" field is useless.

It isn't if you have a bug which is tied to your particular hardware.
If it's useless it's probably because people don't remember to set it.
Can we force it to default to "Any" since most bugs are not
hardware-dependent?

> • The 'OS' field is useless.

Same as hardware: seldom-used, but maybe not useless. Can they be
hidden when "advanced fields" are hidden?

> Could we hide all versions that are unsupported and have no bug opened
> now ? (all 1.x & 2.x versions, many 3.0.x and 3.2.x versions)

Can Bugzilla be configured to show only a selection of versions for
which there are bugs? I'm in favor of this change if so.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries