[Koha-devel] Koha 3.6 is out, starting Koha 3.8 !

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Oct 24 19:06:38 CEST 2011

Paul Poulain wrote: [...]
> * looking at all ENH, I see there are 920 that are open. A large part of
> them have had no activity for more than 1 year. A few of them maybe good
> ideas, but they are not sponsored. I do the following proposition :
> "i'll close all ENH bugs that are not sponsored and have had no activity
> for more than nine months. For sponsored entries that have more than 9
> months, i'll add a comment to ask wether we should wait for a patch or
> close the bug". [...]

Actually, I'm not posting to koha at lists because I can't replicate the
above results.  I've saved "ENH bugs that are not sponsored and have
had no activity for more than nine months" as a shared search called
"stalled-enh" and it has only 5 entries at present:

3296    	 enh   	 replace sessionlog with Perl4Log implementation   	 Authenti
5387 	enh 	Support for NISO CORE: Cost of Resource Exchange Protocol 	Acquisit
5388 	enh 	Circulation of related/requiring items (like Book and CD sets) 	Circulat
3230 	enh 	Automatic Credit when Lost item is returned 	Circulat
3732 	enh 	field lengths and multi-line boxes 	Catalogi

I also searched for sponsored ENHs which are 270+ days unchanged and
found 41.  Of those, only one had failed QA, which was bug 4241 (Add
lost/claims returned displays to patron record).

There's a big difference between 46 and "a large part of" 920. Are you
sure your search parameters were correct?

There were also two that were seeking developer:

3237    	 enh   	 OpenID patron authentication   	 Patrons
5395 	enh 	C4::Acquisition::SearchOrder POD inconsistent with function 	Develope

I've asked 3237 if they are still seeking a developer and I'll
do 5395 as soon as I get a few minutes (next Saturday maybe).

Regards,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha