[Koha-devel] Database Developmnet Project -ACKU

Ali Basharyar ali.basharyar at acku.edu.af
Sun Oct 23 11:42:39 CEST 2011

Dear Sir /Madam,

We are a Digital Library in Kabul Afghanistan, currently we are using
Greenstone Database for our online library management system. (
<http://www.nzdl.org/gsdlmod/cgi-bin/library?a=p&p=about&c=acku&l=en&nl=1%3E

http://www.nzdl.org/gsdlmod/cgi-bin/library?a=p&p=about&c=acku&l=en&nl=1%3E)
, our current database cannot support  many features that can play very
vital role in our activities like: Serial Control and Copy cataloging,
Therefore, it has been a high concern for our management to sort this issue
out by a professional and very standard solution.

Please find the attached for our new database wish list. we are looking for
a company that can help us develop a new database (KOHA) which should
properly run on English and two Afghan languages (Dari and Pashto),
therefore, we have already shared our wish list with some developers. some
were ready to help us on English part but did not seem to be interested in
two of our local languages, Dari and Pashto.  however, according to our
basic research there are some instances of KOHA running on Farsi (Dari)
which shall be helpful.

Depending on our wish list, Kindly enlighten us by your kind suggestions and
recommendations and your interest if you would like to do this project.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any query!

Kind Regards

Ali Basharyar

IT-ACKU

ali.basharyar at acku.edu.af