[Koha-devel] Patch status workflow (for Bugzilla)

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Wed Oct 26 18:54:32 CEST 2011

 On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Paul Poulain
<paul.poulain at biblibre.com>wrote:

> > The Workflows allow us to specify how tickets are allowed to change
> > status, from which to which.  Here's an example workflow:
> >
> >   * NEW (default for all incoming tickets)
> >   * ASSIGNED (to the developer working on it)
> >   * NEEDS_SIGNOFF (once a patch has been submitted)
> >   * SIGNED_OFF (after signoff)
> >   * PASSED_QA (once QA'ed successfully)
> >   * PATCH_PUSHED
> >   * RESOLVED

Speaking as a third-term release maintainer (fwiw), I would like to see an
additional patch status added to be known as NEEDS BACKPORTING. This will
allow for a quick search by the release maintainer to see what people expect
to be backported. The simple distinction between enhancement and bug
disappears once an enhancement has made its way into master and/or the
current stable release and bugs are filed against it, thus making it hard to
know just by looking at the git bug-branch or bugzilla nomenclature. Setting
the patch status to NEEDS BACKPORTING would greatly ease this job.

Kind Regards,
Chris