[Koha-devel] koha 4.0 / solR / Zebra : A working group is born ?

Fridolyn SOMERS fridolyn.somers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:49:57 CEST 2011

Hie,

I have looked at Solr/Lucene tutorial and code.
In my opinion, this is the most powerful and flexible search engine and it
is not that heavy.
Just what Koha needs to expose a user-friendly search interface.
Librarians said to us that many users uses OPAC only for search and in a
Google-like mode.

As a Java developer, I will be pleased to help with Solr customization on
Java side.

Keep me in touch.

PS : note that Solr provides a very large language-specific modules, which
is needed for Koha international community.

Best regards,

--
Fridolyn SOMERS
ICT engineer