[Koha-devel] tt style point

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Mon Sep 19 04:06:28 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-19, at 9:42 AM, Chris Nighswonger wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Mason James <mtj at kohaaloha.com> wrote:
> nice spotting Colin :)
>
> i agree, and always run perltidy over my code as a habit
>
> i just checked and there's no mention yet of default .perltidyrc standard on the 'Koha coding guidelines' wiki page
>  http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Coding_Guidelines#HTML_Templates
>

> Actually this has been discussed before and there is a perltidyrc available in the main repo:
>
> http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=xt/perltidyrc;h=f7d9a3c9be7674a86961f675c46c224d8f72cef0;hb=HEAD

yep, i use that xt/perltidyrc example for my own Koha perl code, like a good Koha developer

> can we discuss, then add one?!? :p
> i'm keen on the -pbp 'Perl Best Practices' style, myself
>
> IIRC we ended up agreeing that there was much disagreement in coding style.
>
> My opinion, FWIW, leans toward PBP as well, though.

me too PBP++,
if its good enough for Damian Conway - its good enough for us :p

a quick google shows that this topic has been discussed a few times over the years... with no firm agreement :/

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/koha-devel/2007-02/msg00013.html
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2010-February/033658.html
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2003-May/025915.html

shall we have another go at an agreement on this Folks?
is this a topic for the next IRC meeting?

i too, sure would love to get an agreement on a consistent, mechanised formatting style for perl code in Koha
fyi: Koha's current .perltidyrc was never agreed upon, it was simply submitted and accepted

is there anyone that *doesnt* want -pbp 'Perl Best Practices' style formatting as the default??

cheers, Mason
--
KohaAloha, NZ