[Koha-devel] git repo size (restarting a discussion)

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Apr 5 11:22:51 CEST 2012

Le 05/04/2012 08:08, Frédéric Demians a écrit :
>   git gc --aggressive --prune=now
>
> You drop repo size to 138M.

Yikes: I just tried twice with my laptop -so locally- and get a nasty
error after 10mn taking 100% of my 4 cores =

11:01 ~/koha.dev/koha-community (master $% u=)$ git gc --aggressive
--prune=now
Counting objects: 296296, done.
fatal: Out of memory, malloc failed (tried to allocate 4479308 bytes)
error: failed to run repack

(I have no access to the git repo itself, I think it's something galen
or chris only can do)

PS: I think doing this reduction would be a great thing, (and probably
enough)
--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com