[Koha-devel] Solr / zebra / search in Koha 3.10 => starting a workgroup

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Fri Apr 6 13:27:50 CEST 2012

I disagree. As it stands now, CCL is not an acceptable alternative to PQF.
CCL can be ambiguous, and runs into all sorts of problems with quoting,
etc. The only way I can see a CCL-style query language being a viable
option for all searching would be if Koha had a new search parser that was
well-defined and turned CCL into something unambiguous (either an internal
parser, or, better, an already-existing package that handles all the cases
that we'd be likely to throw at it... I don't know what all the options are
here, though I know there are at least Search::Query::Parser,
Preempt::query::parser, and KinoSearch::Search::QueryParser). Also, of
course, losing pqf= as an option for queries would be a pretty large
regression for Zebra-based installations.

Regards,
Jared

2012/4/6 Fridolyn SOMERS <fridolyn.somers at gmail.com>

> I agree,
>
> CCL for all search engines.
> Some PQF queries exiting in Koha (in authorities search for example) can
> easily be converted in CCL.
>

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Zeno Tajoli <tajoli at cilea.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> Il 30/03/2012 18:15, Paul Poulain ha scritto:
>> >
>> > As you know, our main goal for the oct12 release of Koha is to introduce
>> > solr as an alternate search engine.
>>
>> I confim my interest on this workgroup..
>> For searching language: I think we can support a type of CCLL
>> fro Zebra and Solr, with the syntax of the present opac forms.
>> And with a 'transaltor' to an 'human' for for display.
>>
>> Bye
>> Zeno Tajoli
>> --
>> Dott. Zeno Tajoli
>> tajoliAT_SPAM_no_prendiATcilea.it
>> fax +39 02 2135520
>> CILEA - Consorzio Interuniversitario
>> http://www.cilea.it/disclaimer
>>

> --
> Fridolyn SOMERS
> fridolyn.somers at gmail.com
> Marsillargues - France
>  <fridolyn.somers at gmail.com>

Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/