[Koha-devel] RFC: Koha::Persistent - for plack and general performance

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at rot13.org
Fri Apr 6 16:44:11 CEST 2012

I will try to include answers to all questions which where addressed to
me in thread in this single message. If I missed something, sorry :-)

I played around the code a bit more (and plan to spend a few more days on it
to have some idea how much of the *measurable* change it will make), but I
will try to simplify my proposal a bit:

My goal are short-term, one release cycle as opposed to long-term
refactor (with which I agree)

1) existing code accessors cleanup

Existing code already has accessors which can be reused and memoized,
so I started submitting cleanups on on existing code which make use of
those as preparation for memoize. I'm hoping that those patches are
nice code cleanups which will help code maintenance along with primary
goal of providing memoizable functions in single place.

See: (I'm including github links because it looks even scarier with color diff)
https://github.com/dpavlin/Koha/commit/eb1102ab3c096b80663b878a378741c08369fb6c
https://github.com/dpavlin/Koha/commit/ae926c02fe1e4b579ff42f880681bc30692602c3

Q: my current strategy is to create one commit per changed function. I'm
planning to attach all of them to Bug 7872, is that OK? I don't
think that test scenarios are best way to test this changes (since most
of them might be "run any code that uses this function", so what can I do to
make SO and QA easier?