[Koha-devel] Zebra with ICU and startswithnt, first-in-subfield, etc.

Pongtawat Chippimolchai pongtawat.c at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 05:01:45 CEST 2012

Hello all,

Could anyone please kindly advice me how to search OPAC / Staff Client
for title with "starts with" or "exact" matching?

I'm using Zebra with ICU. In OPAC, I try something the following:

"ti,startswithnt: Financial" (no result),
"ti,first-in-subfield: Financial" (result with first record title
start with Financial, but the rest are mixed) ,
"ti,ext: Financial" (same as first-in-subfield),
"ti,first-in-field: Financial" (doesn't work).

The result (when it work), seems to be similar  to the default Title
search (ti,wrdl). It favors records with title starting with the
search term, but not every records that start with the search terms
are on top.

Is there anything I have to set up? Or maybe I'm searching with a wrong syntax?

Thank you,
Pongtawat