[Koha-devel] Koha performance enhancement overview

Ian Walls koha.sekjal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:24:15 CEST 2012

Unless we're working with a small catalogue, or one with only a few popular
items, I'm not sure we'd get much benefit from caching the XSLT-processed
HTML for individual biblios.  Outside of those cases, I don't think a lot
of people will be looking at the same records, so we're just storing info
until it expires, rather than reusing it.

Analysis of web traffic logs would indicate whether there are enough
popular records in the OPAC for it to be worth caching.   Perhaps we could
do like the SilverStripe CMS does, and collect hit data, and build caches
of anything that has a certain threshold...

-Ian