[Koha-devel] Feasibility question

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:38:55 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:
> The OpacHiddenItems preference would let you hide all items of a
> specific type, location or collection. So if you put them all in the
> same location or collection you should be able to hide them all.

Thanks, Nicole.

This would work for hiding these items, but I'm not sure how this
would help us as we'd like to make the items optionally visible --

EG Null results with a prompt to "Search again for downloadable items?"
EG Initial search prompt to "Include downloadable items in this search?"

I would have thought that once items are hidden, they can only be
unhidden by changing the preference.

If this is not currently possible, I would be interested to hear how
complicated development would be as I think many libraries would
benefit from this feature.

Best,

Cab Vinton, Director
Sanbornton Public Library