[Koha-devel] SQL reports [error]

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Apr 30 18:10:54 CEST 2012

Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de> wrote:

>> Hi Paul,
>>

>> I really don’t like the idea. I think if you want someone to make
changes to the database, you should give them a proper tool and training to
do that (outside of Koha). The interface for statistics is very limited and
does not give feedback when your SQL statements have errors or produce no
result sets. Also it seems like a big security risk to me.

>  I tend to agree with Katrin here.

I also agree, and there are tools out there to do this, if you really want
to enable arbitrary SQL from the web. Things like phpmyadmin you could
install and use over the web instead. With MySQL users you give appropriate
permissions to.

Chris