[Koha-devel] is hidelostitems syspref obsolete?

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Aug 10 10:31:52 CEST 2012

On 10 August 2012 20:28, Mason James <mtj at kohaaloha.com> wrote:

> On 2012-08-10, at 2:03 AM, Fridolyn SOMERS wrote:
>
>> Hie,
>>
>> I wonder if with the 'OpacHiddenItems' system preference, you can reproduce what's managed by 'hidelostitems' system preference.
>> For example, if LOST values are 0,1,2,3 (0 meaning not lost), you can use in OpacHiddenItems :
>> itemslost [1, 2, 3].
>>
>> So can we imagine removing 'hidelostitems' ?
>
> hmm, yes - i think so
>

> there are 2 OPAC system preferences...
> the behavior in 'hidelostitems' can be created using the 'OpacHiddenItems' pref?
>

> so, lets remove the 'hidelostitems ' pref?

If you are going to do that, please make sure that you don't make all
the libraries now have to go through and set things up. It must be
done automatically and with no loss of functionality. Removing a
feature people are using is only acceptable if it is done in a way
that is seamless and doesn't cause them a whole pile of work.

Chris