[Koha-devel] Disappearing test cases or did another part of MySQL just become closed source? « The MariaDB Blog

Christopher Nighswonger chris.nighswonger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 19:30:07 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Marc Balmer <marc at msys.ch> wrote:
> I stumbled over this blog entry:
>
> http://blog.mariadb.org/disappearing-test-cases/
>
> It is this development of MySQL that make me so unhappy with the fact that Koha runs on MySQL only at the moment.
>
> Imo, Koha  would be a much better product if it used PostgreSQL as the database system.

I'd bet the move to MariaDB will happen well before the move to PG
unless opinions are accompanied by code. :-)

MySQL is essentially closed source at this point anyway, and MariaDB
is pretty much a drop-in replacement requiring only minimal changes.
AAMOF I have a git branch hanging around somewhere with several
patches to this end on it.

Kind Regards,
Chris