[Koha-devel] koha-zebra-daemon not starting

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 02:06:38 CEST 2012

Greetings,

A package install is relatively easy. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but
it goes something like:
1) mysqldump your Koha database.
2) Try following the instructions on
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.8_on_Debian_Squeeze
    (You probably will have some questions as you go along, so feel free to
ask. Questions will help improve the documentation.)
3) Before the webinstall step, import your mysqldump.
4) Run webinstall.
5) Everything should be in place afterwards.

The difference between a tarball install and a packages install is mostly
the resulting directory structure locations of things. However, you get the
added advantage of access to other scripts which people constantly refer to
on the lists, but never really apply for tarball installations.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett