[Koha-devel] Fwd: 3.8.4 interim [was: koha-zebra-daemon not starting]

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 00:12:59 CEST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] 3.8.4 interim [was: koha-zebra-daemon not starting]
To: Paul <paul.a at aandc.org>

El ago 22, 2012 4:20 p.m., "Paul" <paul.a at aandc.org> escribió:

> At 10:04 PM 8/22/2012 +0800, Mark Tompsett wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> And having just looked through the 3.8.4 files in /install_misc/ubuntu*.packages, I have realized my patches didn't make it into the 3.8.X stream. I'll have to bug report and do a 3.8.X specific bug patch (they are in 3.6.7)... But that aside. As I was just chatting with tcohen on IRC, he reminded me that yaz3 was the problem.
>>
>> I actually finished looking at the ubuntu.packages file and installed these:
>> $ sudo apt-get install apache2 daemon gettext mysql-server libmysqlclient18 yaz yaz-doc libyaz4 libyaz4-dev idzebra-2.0 idzebra-2.0-common idzebra-2.0-doc idzebra-2.0-utils libidzebra-2.0-0
>> $ sudo apt-get install libidzebra-2.0-dev libidzebra-2.0-mod-alvis libidzebra-2.0-mod-grs-marc libidzebra-2.0-mod-grs-regx libidzebra-2.0-mod-grs-xml libidzebra-2.0-mod-text
>> $ sudo apt-get install libidzebra-2.0-modules libxml2-utils
>

> Mark - tnx for your interest (and sorry to read that Chris C. is ducking out of this thread -- tnx for all you do.)  I managed to have a quick look at it again this morning, and hope to find another hour before the day is out, but I came to roughly the same conclusion.
>
> yaz3 must be replaced by yaz4. I ended up reinstalling the server [again] to be certain that everything was clean, and by:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install libyaz4
> PLUS
> libyaz4-dev
> libnet-z3950-zoom-perl
> libxml-libxslt-perl
> libgraphics-magick-perl
> liblingua-stem-snowball-perl
> libtemplate-perl
> libtemplate-plugin-htmltotext-perl
> liblingua-ispell-perl
> libhtml-template-pro-perl
> libreadonly-xs-perl
> libtest-strict-perl
>
> THEN using:
>

> $ sudo dpkg --set-selections < install_misc/ubuntu.packages
> $ sudo dselect
>
> you get all the dependencies properly.  Starting with dphg + dselect somehow *half* installs about 50 i386 bits and pieces, and while
>
> $sudo apt-get purge .*:i386
>
> cleaned up quite nicely, I did a complete 12.04 re-install to make sure everything was copacetic.
>
> I did need to add the koha repository to get one file [template::htmltotext] as this is not an Ubuntu|Debian file, but is recorded after install as "koha".  FYI, getting Robin's pgp required a couple of steps that you did not mention. Using:
>
> $ wget http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc | sudo apt-key add -
>
> gives the error "GPG error: http://archive.ubuntu.com dapper Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 14D36485A99CEB6D"
>
> To correct this:
> $ gpg --recv-keys 14D36485A99CEB6D
>
> And then add it to apt-keys:
> $ gpg --export --armor 14D36485A99CEB6D | sudo apt-key add -
>
> works fine.

> [...]

is not a 12.04 problem, is a problem with the specific file you're
using with dpkg, which lists some files not available anymore on
12.04.
As Mark said that file has already been patched and its waiting for
inclusion on next release.

That said, you can do a clean install using the instructions and
ommiting that --set-selections step. And installing the dependencies
by hand. As Mark also said.

I also use the tarball in our deployment (38 instances on a single BIG
server) without issues. Besides that i386 packages pull which I
reported and has been solved.

Anyway, I think we should go back to what your original problem was.
Is your incremental indexing working?

Have you properly set your sax parser? (I'm an experienced Koha user
and forgot to check that step last time, having weird behavior)

Regards
To+