[Koha-devel] 3.8.4 interim [was: koha-zebra-daemon not starting]

Archives and Collections Society info at AandC.org
Thu Aug 23 00:21:17 CEST 2012

At 04:41 PM 8/22/2012 -0300, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
[snip]
> > The tarball has always worked extremely well on i386 machines -- I just
> get the impression (not proven) that Ubuntu 12.04 gets its knickers in a
> twist on AMD64. Â But with a little time and effort workarounds can be
> found. Â Probably nothing wrong, just new quirks, with either Ubuntu or
> Koha, but I do not need to be under pressure for the production upgrade.
>
>is not a 12.04 problem, is a problem with the specific file you're using
>with dpkg, which lists some files not available anymore on 12.04.
>As Mark said that file has already been patched and its waiting for
>inclusion on next release.

Thanks for the reply.  But, as you say, "its waiting for inclusion on next
release" so it's broken in this release.

>That said, you can do a clean install using the instructions and ommiting
>that --set-selections step. And installing the dependencies by hand. As
>Mark also said.

More or less what I've done -- but it would not be rocket science to edit
install_misc/ubuntu.packages to avoid a certain amount of grief (and before
anyone asks "well why don't you do it?" I will as soon as I'm certain that
my experience is reproducible and bullet-proof. It may involve looking at
the upstream .pl file to see how the list is invoked.)

>I also use the tarball in our deployment (38 instances on a single BIG
>server) without issues.

I'm only trying a test install on relatively BIG server (64-bit, 6 core
Intel i7-980X, solid state raided drives, 16Gb ram), mileage varies...

>  Besides that i386 packages pull which I reported and has been solved.

When, where, how?  I had to 'sudo apt-get purge .*:i386' for about 50
dependencies in the pull in koha-3.08.04.tar.gz

>Anyway, I think we should go back to what your original problem was.  Is
>your incremental indexing working?

That was 3.8.3, now trashed, but it never worked -- I'll try it on a 3.8.4
install as soon as I'm away from this machine.

>Have you properly set your sax parser? [snip]

Yes.

Best - P.