[Koha-devel] 3.8.4 installation: order of db install

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sat Aug 25 22:17:35 CEST 2012

Does anyone have any thoughts on the order of the following towards the end
of installation:

1) Apache2: verify that "koha-admin" responds (empty db)

2) Restore a "dump" from a previous 3.6.x

3) Update the db with ./updatedatabase.pl (is -I needed; seems to fail for me)

4) Reindex zebra (-a , -b)

5) [?? I think it's stopped by a full reindex] start|stop zebra cron -z
(incremental)

The reason that I ask is that all *my* 3.6.x installs have
"updatedatabase"-ed automatically on opening staff-admin; but (so far) all
my 3.8.x installs have just got stuck on a staff-admin screen "Maintenance:
contact your admin" and I've had to go back and run the .pl so get the
staff page to open.

Thanks - Paul