[Koha-devel] using new templates for exporting basketgroups in pdf

Mathieu Saby mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr
Tue Dec 11 18:33:04 CET 2012

Hello

Our library has created a new templates for  exporting basketgroups in
pdf  (translated in french, and showing fields more usefull for us in
the tables than "layout2pages" and "layout3pages").
Of course, we could name this template "layout3pages", and replace the
standard template. But I think it would be "cleaner" to add this give
this new template a name of his own, so it won't be altered when our
Koha is updated.

The problem is some code in /acqui/basketgroup.pl prevents us to do
that. The only 2 valid templates for exporting basketgroups in pdf are
be "layout2pages" and "layout3pages". And we want to edit perl files as
less as possible.
http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=acqui/basketgroup.pl;h=6b7e5bf192a7b5cfa6761dc750bfc9fe5904bf60;hb=HEAD
188     if ($pdfformat eq 'pdfformat::layout3pages' || $pdfformat eq
'pdfformat::layout2pages'){
 189         eval {
 190         eval "require $pdfformat";
 191             import $pdfformat;
 192         };
 193         if ($@){
 194         }
 195     }
 196     else {
 197         print $input->header;
 198         print $input->start_html;  # FIXME Should do a nicer page
 199         print "<h1>Invalid PDF Format set</h1>";
 200         print "Please go to the systempreferences and set a valid
pdfformat";
 201         exit;
 202     }

This code was added by this Chris Cormack's commit :  "Bug 6679 Fix
scripts in admin & acqui to pass Perl::Critic"
http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commit;h=7cdea5de355e853f25300821cc641672443177de
added

So, here is my question :
Is this "security" in code really necessary ? And if it is, is there a
way to make it more flexible ?

Regards,

M. Saby
Rennes 2 University