[Koha-devel] My Zebra Indexing won’t work

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Thu Dec 27 13:37:47 CET 2012

Hi Waqar,

I recently discovered that if you have zero biblios in your database and
you have an old (full) zebra database (with biblios indexed from
earlier), if you do a rebuildzebra it does NOT clear the zebra index.
If you really want to empty the zebra database (without messing about
with the zebra database files) maybe you should create a single bib
record (say) "Test Title", rebuild zebra; then delete that test title
and do a rebuildzebra -z to remove the test title from the index.

I hope that helps.

Ian
On 27/12/2012 11:52, Waqar Azeem wrote:
> EDIT:
>
> I mistakenly copy the command with -a
> consider it command with argument -b. Old data still not deleted.
>
> koha at koha:~/kohaclone$
> /home/koha/kohaclone/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
> <http://rebuild_zebra.pl> -b -r -v
> Zebra configuration information
> ================================
> Zebra biblio directory      = /home/koha/koha-dev/var/lib/zebradb/biblios
> Zebra authorities directory =
> /home/koha/koha-dev/var/lib/zebradb/authorities
> Koha directory              = /home/koha/kohaclone
> BIBLIONUMBER in :     999$c
> BIBLIOITEMNUMBER in : 999$d
> ================================
> skipping authorities
> ====================
> exporting biblio
> ====================
>
> Records exported: 0
> ====================
> REINDEXING zebra
> ====================
> ====================
> CLEANING
> ====================
>

> --
> Thanks & Best Regards,
> Waqar Azeem
>

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Waqar Azeem
> <waqar.azeem at itcompletes.com <mailto:waqar.azeem at itcompletes.com>> wrote:
>
>     A couple of months back I down loaded Koha VM from
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/koha-va/files/ by Kyle
>
>     After importing MARC records I found that search is not working on
>     Other languages, and to overcome this I need to enable some ICU
>     option in zebra indexer.
>
>     The simplest way that I thought was to drop the database and
>     re-run the Web Installer and Import data.
>
>     After re-running the web Installer (i think) the Old indexed data
>     is already there and on my empty database it brings the old data
>     again and again.
>
>     I Tried to re-index the server but no success so far.
>
>     I hope this is the right command to re-index.
>     koha at koha:~$ export PERL5LIB=/home/koha/kohaclone/
>     koha at koha:~$ export KOHA_CONF=/home/koha/koha-dev/etc/koha-conf.xml
>     koha at koha:~$
>     /home/koha/kohaclone/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
>     <http://rebuild_zebra.pl> -b -r -v
>

>     koha at koha:~/kohaclone$
>     /home/koha/kohaclone/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl
>     <http://rebuild_zebra.pl> -a -r -v
>     Zebra configuration information
>     ================================
>     Zebra biblio directory      =
>     /home/koha/koha-dev/var/lib/zebradb/biblios
>     Zebra authorities directory =
>     /home/koha/koha-dev/var/lib/zebradb/authorities
>     Koha directory              = /home/koha/kohaclone
>     BIBLIONUMBER in :     999$c
>     BIBLIOITEMNUMBER in : 999$d
>     ================================
>     ====================
>     exporting authority
>
>     Records exported: 0
> [...]

Ian Bays
Director of Projects, PTFS Europe Limited
+44 (0) 800 756 6803 (phone)
+44 (0) 7774 995297 (mobile)
+44 (0) 800 756 6384 (fax)
skype: ian.bays