[Koha-devel] DOM Indexing--why several config files from which generating indexes XSL?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Dec 27 20:55:29 CET 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Frédéric Demians <frederic at tamil.fr>wrote:

> > As for why we use biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml to generate
> > biblio-zebra-indexdefs.xsl, I admit I don't actually know. Galen?
>
> So what? Galen? For my libraries, I'm inclined to tweak locally the .xsl
> file rather than the .xml file. Any reason no to do so?

Admittedly, it's a near thing, but biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml is more
concise and expresses the *intention* of the indexes -- the XSL we're just
stuck with since that's what Zebra needs.  Of course, since it's XML, it's
not all that more concise, but at least it admits of the possibility of
creating a base index definition language in JSON or YAML that would
actually be concise.

My practice has always been to update the XML, then generate the XSL.
 YMMV, but arguably {authority,biblio}-zebra-indexdefs.xsl should be kept
out of the source tree and just generated when needed.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton