[Koha-devel] Database updates

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at biblibre.com
Fri Dec 28 17:27:32 CET 2012

> Hello.
>
> I just pushed bug 7167, which changes the way database updates work. I
> wrote up instructions for database updates at
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Database_updates#Using_the_new_update_procedure
>
> Please be sure to read those instructions and follow them in the future.
>
> Regards,
> Jared

Thank you very much Jared for the wiki page!

I add some stuff in a new part to explain why I wrote this patch. I hope it
could help some of you who are reluctant to the feature to change their
mind :-)

I am under the impression that everybody knows that the old method was bad
but nobody wants to change it.
I believe this patch is a great improvement for Koha and could simplify
life for developers and Koha administrators.
The first version of this patch was submitted 1 year ago and it was very
hard to find contributors to develop it.

The actual  development certainly contains some lacks and bugs but I really
hope some developers will find this feature cool and will propose further
improvements.

Please feel free to contribute and give me feedbacks (in a constructive
way!) :-)

Happy new year to all of you and see you in 2013!

Freely,
Jonathan