[Koha-devel] "Damaged" values

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Feb 8 20:37:12 CET 2012

In our "Authorized values" > "Damaged", we have added a term "Normal wear"
to the Koha defaults 0, 1 and 2:

0       Not damaged     Not damaged
1       Damaged         Some damage noted
2       Unknown         Condition not stated
3       Normal wear     Normal wear

However, in both staff interface and OPAC, "normal wear" items are
appearing as damaged

I assume (maybe incorrectly) that the value of "damaged" is read by
detail.pl starting line 196:

     if ($item->{damaged}) {
         $item->{itemdamagedloop} =
GetAuthorisedValues($authvalcode_items_damaged, $item->{damaged}) if
$authvalcode_items_damaged;
     }

and then passed to detail.tt start line 310:

         [% IF ( itemloo.damaged ) %]
                 [% IF ( itemloo.itemdamagedloop ) %]
                         [% FOREACH itemdamagedloo IN
itemloo.itemdamagedloop %]
                         [% IF ( itemdamagedloo.selected ) %]
class="dmg">[% itemdamagedloo.lib %]</span>
                         [% END %]
                         [% END %]
                 [% ELSE %]
class="dmg">Damaged</span>
                 [% END %]
         [% END %]

I have no experience with this type of 'loo' and 'loop' coding, but it
seems to me that "normal wear" is not being picked up, and therefore the
ELSE default "Damaged" is being used.

Could some kind person please point me to the logic of these loops?  Either
a brief explanation here (preferred) or a pointer to a tutorial (I have
googled with no success.)

Or is there something more intrinsic|relevant to the use of authorized
values for "damaged"?

Bugs [3637] and 5797 may be germane.

Many thanks,
Paul

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://UltraMarine.ca>, <http://AandC.org> and <http://MarDoc.ca>