[Koha-devel] IRC meeting decision about "discussion"

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Feb 10 15:09:40 CET 2012

Le 10/02/2012 14:24, Owen Leonard a écrit :
>> For a long time now, the bar of involvement has been if you really are that keen to change things,
>> show up at the General Meeting.
>
> I think this is a valid point. The meeting agendas are posted well in
> advance, so it should be possible to arrange to be present for a vote.
Well, with time shifting, don't expect ppl from the "it's 2AM" timezone
to be here, so I strongly think we should adress this issue.

> We've already demonstrated that for larger issues (like the Koha
> non-profit question) we can use alternate methods to vote. I say we
> should keep the smaller stuff (especially developer-centric stuff) to
> the IRC meetings.
So maybe we should say:
* discussion votes are made on the mailing list / on the wiki, and not
on IRC if you think we should not have 2 places to vote ? Note that i've
nothing against more than one method to vote. In France, if you're not
present the day of the vote, you can do a "vote par procuration" (proxy
vote says gg translate). It would be the same kind of voting.

To answer Brooke concern:
I also think the "you must register on the wiki" is not a big deal. If
you want to be involved in Koha, registering on the wiki & bugzilla will
be hard to avoid...

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com