[Koha-devel] IRC meeting decision about "discussion"

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Sun Feb 12 08:02:54 CET 2012

On 11/02/12 00:24, Owen Leonard wrote:
>> For a long time now, the bar of involvement has been if you really are that keen to change things,
>> show up at the General Meeting.
> I think this is a valid point. The meeting agendas are posted well in
> advance, so it should be possible to arrange to be present for a vote.
> We've already demonstrated that for larger issues (like the Koha
> non-profit question) we can use alternate methods to vote. I say we
> should keep the smaller stuff (especially developer-centric stuff) to
> the IRC meetings.
>
>    -- Owen

The usual method of voting where you can't turn up in person is to send
a 'proxy' vote.  I see no reason why (known and experienced) people
shouldn't be able to send a vote to the chair prior to the meeting, or
even to ask someone else to exercise their vote at the meeting.  This
needs trust and good sense which both exist most of the time (whilst
formalism is to be avoided if possible).
Just a thought.
Bob