[Koha-devel] [Discussion tech] database table naming

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Feb 21 16:09:08 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 02:08:07PM +0100, Paul Poulain wrote:

> My proposal is that we should go the easiest way:
> * for now, the table should be called "aqinvoices", to be consistent
> with other acquisitions related tables.
> * in the medium/long term, get rid of any prefix, and rename "aq*"
> tables.

Why not just invoices, I think the prefixes are superfluous ( orders
invoices etc are relevant objects outside of acquisition, serials uses
them for instance and we dont need to distinguish them from some other
type of order ) But just because we've done one more sensibly we dont
need to bring the rest into line, I'm perfectly willing to continue
cursing at that aq prefix (my fingers want to type acq) and we can
postpone 'the great renaming' until we get around to something that
requires the interface to the orders table to be updated.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Chief Software Engineer,