[Koha-devel] Repeatable 999? (was Re: deafult for biblio.frameworkcode)

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Mon Jan 9 20:54:42 CET 2012

At 11:17 AM 1/9/2012 -0500, Galen Charlton wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On 01/09/2012 10:32 AM, Zeno Tajoli wrote:
>>Well, in theory 999 are repetable,
>
>Actually, that's a problem.  The 999 is indeed marked as repeatable in the
>(MARC21) frameworks, but since it is used to store the biblio(item)number,
>it really shouldn't be marked as repeatable (or even editable by staff
>users).  Does anybody see any problem making it non-repeatable?

As far as I can see, they already appear to be non-repeatable (unless I
modded the default framework in 3.2 and it's been imported into 3.6.)  I
find all four subfields (a, b, c and d) non-repeatable (according to the
check box) and it doesn't seem to make much difference whether they are
"ignored" or in tab 0 as no cataloguer will be able to attempt an
edit|modification.

Am I missing something?  Or have I done something stupid?

Thanks - Paul