[Koha-devel] Tables from InnoDB to MYISAM

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Jan 17 17:43:21 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 03:19:13PM +0100, Zeno Tajoli wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> to mantain a good Koha system is import to use the cron job
> 'cleanup_database.pl'.
>
> This script delete lines from tables
>
> message_queue
> need_merge_authorities
> sessions
> zebraqueue
>
> The engine of those tables is InnoDB.
>
> What do you think about change the engine to MYISAM ?
> I think that MYISAM is a better engine for table with many write/delete.

MyISAM locks the table rather than the row for update/insert so its
generally less optimal for tables which are getting lots of inserts.

I did some benchmarking on an application that was using some mysql
tables for high throughput logging and innodb was handling that workload
better.
C.

--
Colin Campbell