[Koha-devel] About Release process

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jul 12 12:22:02 CEST 2012

* Marcel de Rooy (M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl) wrote:
> Hi Paul, all,
>
> > * Release the 3.X.0 saying it's a beta, could have some bugs not detected. The 3.X.1 being a RC, and the 3.X.2 being the 1st really stable version.
> +1 for this second option. You could say that it makes more formal what one could already suspect about a 3.X.0 release.. No real change in workflow.. (3.X.1 being stable might be nice too :-)

I think I prefer the first option, or at least that is what we should
be aiming for. Aiming for a stable release at the .1 or .2 level will
mean it wont be stable until .3 or .4.

But as the elected release manager for 3.10.0 it's your call, and I
will work with whatever you decide.

I think this is also a good time to start thinking about 3.12.x

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_3.12

Chris

--
Chris Cormack