[Koha-devel] Now: Programmer Training - Was: About Release process

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jul 13 01:28:24 CEST 2012

* glaws (glawson at rhcl.org) wrote:
>    I think a recruitment and training effort by the Koha community targeting
>    potential programmers should be considered; I do understand the
>    decentralized structure of the open-source community might make this
>    difficult. Below I suggest one potential candidate pool of Koha
>    developers.

<snip lots of interesting stuff>

This is a great idea, at Catalyst as you know we run the Open Source
Academy.

And we also participate in the summer of tech, Chris Hall, who most of
you will know, got into Koha development throught the summer of tech
project. And we have Template::Toolkit support in Koha in a large part
thanks to him.

These kind of schemes work very well. A while ago after Kohacon11
Koustubha Kale floated the idea of a Koha Academy, and even got as far
as setting up a moodle instance to start it. What an idea needs is
someone with the time, or a team of people with the time to coordinate
and manage it.

And now we are back where we started, finding some people to do that...

Chris

--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.