[Koha-devel] frameworks and Bug 7432

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sun Jul 15 17:44:50 CEST 2012

Using 3.6.1 in production (no longer on sandbox, we're looking at 3.8)
modifying frameworks never gave "instant gratification" due to memcached,
so I use netcat:

echo -e "flush_all\nquit\n" | nc localhost 11211

(and even have a temp 1 min cron job if I need more than a very simple change.)

However, I've just come across bug 7432, and while 10 minutes might be a
bit painful, I would appreciate advice for updating in a production
environment (I normally work on the principle that "if it ain't broke,
don't fix it", but...)

Is it better for me to attempt to modify our existing biblio.pm (4 minuses,
five plusses as far as I can see) or find a more recent biblio.pm, in which
case "which one and where"?  (maybe from a complete tar of 3.6.5?)  How do
I find release details at component level?  How do I check for side
effects? (None are apparently visible from the bug page.)

By the way, I've found a possible "oddity"; making a subfield mandatory so
that the "manadatoryness" is not just functional but also appears in the
fourth column of marctagstructure.pl, I have to use both:
marctagstructure.pl?op=add_form AND
marc_subfields_structure.pl?op=add_form  -- am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks,
Paul