[Koha-devel] Biblio.pm subject of a bug?

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed Jul 25 00:05:04 CEST 2012

Paul,

Re: 3.6.6  Biblio.pm

> With preference set to "do not use zebra", saving an "item" fails: "Can't
> call method "subfield" on an undefined value at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.**pm line 3104" (z39.50 and adding biblios
> works fine.)

There's your problem. You have your system set to not use Zebra. If you
correct that, things should go fine. NoZebra is not supported, and does not
work. It will get torn out as soon as there's a patch for that.

Thoughts anyone?  I genuinely set out to try and help the community (and it
> just might turn out that Ubuntu 12.04 is problematic - does anyone here use
> it?) as well as ensure a smooth upgrade to our production server.

I found Ubuntu 12.04 very problematic, but Mark Tompsett has been doing a
ton of work on making Koha 3.6.7 install so on Ubuntu 12.04 so smooth that
you could sleep through it. Not only that, he and Tomas Cohen have been
working on making the installation of all versions of Koha on Ubuntu
smoother. They have a great set of instructions at
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/